Forum: Contest Announcements

Subject: How can anyone post poser figure as original work?

okfir opened this issue on Dec 27, 2006 · 31 posts

Stan57 posted Sat, 27 January 2007 at 7:16 AM

Quote - Being a more photoshop oriented artist I was creating pretty much 100% of what you saw in my work in Photoshop. I created 3D effects with plugins, and shading, etc. And no, it's not the same. Creating a 3d illusion in Photoshop from scratch vs downloading a 3d object and placing a light source on the stage and hitting the render button are about like comparing Van Gogh's "Sunflowers" with a Photograph of those original sunflowers.

If you are using plug-ins or any other type of "Effects" its not 100% from scratch and on the same level we poser users do. Plug in Effects are made by someone else besides you,so are the Effects but you are using what the program gives you or buying Effects or plug-ins. What we poser users do and you do are use the program to make our art. Each is its own type of art and are 100% different from each other. Just like oil painters will say what you photoshop users make isn't art,or pencil artist will say that photography isn't Art. Each use their medium to produce Art.

I would say that IMO our medium is very close to photography,Photoshop IMO is like digital manipulation.Each capable of producing museum quality Art

Jack Of All Trades Master Of None