Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Another funny thread about nudity

Casette opened this issue on Jan 20, 2007 · 433 posts

svdl posted Sat, 27 January 2007 at 2:19 PM

Renderosity is not work safe. It will never be, no matter what policies are implemented.

Why?

Simple. Renderosity does not have anything to do with work. And my boss does not appreciate me looking at sites that have nothing to do with my job. Nudity or no-nudity doesn't play any role.

That said, family-friendlyness is another issue. 

I do agree that people who have enabled the nudity filter should not see T&A in the thumbnails. Problem is, the majority of the images does contain nudity. So what does a viewer see when looking at a thumbail page? Nine out of ten thumbnails have this "content advisory" thumbnail (before this policy change), which is rather clumsy when browsing. These people would be better served if the thumbnails of nude images were fitered out.
And now, after the policy change? Nine out of ten thumbnails will be deceptive. They won't display nudity, but they do not represent the underlying image.

And this affects me as a viewer. When I browse the galleries, I click on thumbnails that interest me. They SHOULD represent the underlying image. With this new policy, it will not be possible to judge the image from the thumbnail. This is a disservice to the members.

Why o why is it so difficult to do the obvious prudent thing: enable a thumbnail filter according to a member's nudity/violence filter? Is 10 minutes of a PHP programmer's time too expensive?

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff