Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Another funny thread about nudity

Casette opened this issue on Jan 20, 2007 · 433 posts

Acadia posted Sun, 28 January 2007 at 2:38 PM

Quote - It is also sad to watch someone as pleasant as Acadia morph slowly into another apologist for R'osity's commercial hypocrisy. ... and become angry when we don't like the new look. I'll miss her.

You are mistaken.  I became angry when people started to accuse me of saying and implying things that I hadn't.

I'm not making any apologies for Renderosity, nor for my own personal opinion on what the gallery thumbnail pages looked like to me.

As for an "old" Acadia vs. a "new" Acadia. I'm still the same person. I know this may come as a bit of a shock, but "co-ordinator" status aside for a minute... I totally agree with the change in the no thumbnail nudity policy.  I thought the gallery thumbnail pages were looking very garish  and tacky and  tha was the primary reason I didn't bother browsing the galleries very much. Basically the only time I went to the gallery was to upload my own images, or click a link in the forum because while I'm not a prude and enjoy looking at all kinds of images (I even have some in my favourite images), I thought all of the T&A thumbs were out of control.

I am a person of integrity and I will not compromise myself nor my beliefs just because I've taken on a role to help out a community that I enjoy being part of.  I'm mouthy and tend to say what I believe, and that hasn't stopped either here on the forums or "behind the scenes".  TBH I'm surprised they haven't canned me yet because I do see both sides of the issue and I have been trying to be your voices where certain aspects of the change are concerned.  In that regard I can't say more.  However,  if you want to consider me a "traitor" for trying to fill up some of my idle time and help out Renderosity, then so be it.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi