Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Another funny thread about nudity

Casette opened this issue on Jan 20, 2007 · 433 posts

mitchman posted Mon, 29 January 2007 at 12:58 PM

Quote -> Quote - My suggestion is this: that the administration simply admit this was ill conceived, rescind the policy, and follow up with something that makes more sense. After all, everyone makes mistakes ...

You sound like sane fellow. I expect you are reasonably young and certainly idealistic. You need to understand that the Rules of Right do not work the way you learned Reason in school. M

Thank you. 
I am not so young though, and although I think to be an artist one must be a bit idealistic, I do not really expect the PTBs ("powers that be," as opposed to the monitors... they don't make the decisions) to rethink anything, much less admit to an error. That requires a level of maturity, which they have failed to demonstrate. Had the PTBs that level of maturity, they would have announced the REAL reason for the change... not this obvious façade of making the galleries look more professional… with absolutely no concern for the artist (ART Community??) and considering the nudity/violence filters already in place. No, I expect Renderosity to become increasingly commercially driven with the corporate style mentality (“This is the way it is insert placebo reason here  the new policy is here to stay”) regardless of the actual profitability and/or effect on clientele. I fully expect the more professional element to migrate to places such as Epilogue, GFX , and so on, while the mid-range will migrate to DAZ, Rendervisions and the like. I am in the process myself (plus, I have my own site to maintain) and have found that I am outgrowing this site.

Don’t get me wrong, I think Renderosity will continue to be a decent resource, just not particularly as elitist as they may envision… after all, that is the crux of this newest policy… yet another form of elitism. 

You know, they could just enforce posting to an amateur or beginner’s gallery, or a portion of each gallery… or even jury the whole place like Epitome. Frankly, I don’t like that place very much either, elitist at its finest. Funny, considering digital art has some distance before it will be fully embraced as “High Art.” 

No, I don’t think my suggestion will even be taken serious… PTBs probably do not see any problem with the policy.