Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: V4 eyes driving me slowly bats...

JackieD opened this issue on Jan 27, 2007 ยท 42 posts

Unicornst posted Mon, 29 January 2007 at 8:52 PM

**The method I found to make her eyes look better is to have no highlight on the iris for the main map (where the two irises and the eyewhite are). Then to make sure that you have the iris and the eyewhite on the surface map as well and connect that to the transparency as well as the Color and set the Transparency at 25%. The Tear uses the Surface Map with a transparency map as well. Same Surface map with the Tear area painted a skin color and the Transparency map is black with grey feathering out towards the ends of the Tear. The transparency setting on it is set at 75% and color set on a light grey instead of white. That way, you can still get the reflective qualitites without too much "whiteness".

That's why I said it was a bit more complicated. The eyes you see above this were done that way. They're from my pack I made for V4 and all the eyes are made the same way. Takes awhile to do and, yes, lots more work, but I liked the results much better than her "standard" eyes. So whenever I use V4, I use those eyes. Not trying to sound like I know it all or anything, but about the only thing I didn't like about V4 when she came out was her eyes. I found them to be too stark white on the eyewhites and set about trying to bring that part down and letting the veins normally seen be shown.