Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Another funny thread about nudity

Casette opened this issue on Jan 20, 2007 · 433 posts

kobaltkween posted Wed, 31 January 2007 at 3:35 PM

change the lighting to hide the torso?  paint clothes?  sorry, but that completely changes the  nature of a picture. 

you know, the longer this conversation goes on, the more i'm sorry i ever started posting here.  it was nice to get so many views, and such warm feedback, but this really isn't the kind of gallery i want to be part of.  i mean, it's obvious that i'm supposed to be doing pinups and only pinups, where nudity is only a turn-on, and women are only depicted to evoke lust.  the mods obviously think that if they feel that if they don't think changing the thumbs will change anything other than how "tasteful" the thumbnails are.  the people saying, "entice me, don't reveal it all" obviously think that too.  it amazes me that after making nudes from middle school to now, i have problems as an adult on a site where the average age of the user is above 30.  and that it's not enough for people to just not change their settings to allow nudes.

i mean, before the rule was implemented, my worst thumbnail was one that i could cut nudity from. it's almost completely unusable.  the only two with nudity looked much worse than that one when they were censored.  

i really have to think about this.  i originally  wanted to have an art gallery here, not  seek popularity through a bunch of "safe" portraits and pinups.  heck, for that i have the daz galleries- if i get in i get a lot more recognition and a voucher.  why should i contort my work into an image this site's staff finds acceptable? i'm just beginning to stretch myself; i don't need something to hold me back.   i'm really unsure whether it's better just to dump my gallery here  altogether than have my highest traffic gallery be mediocre and  unrepresentative