Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: New Thumbnail policy

wheatpenny opened this issue on Jan 22, 2007 · 112 posts

Orchid_Noir posted Thu, 01 February 2007 at 6:33 AM

I just want to say thank you for the new policy.

I tried to peruse the gallery and, not being afraid of nudity, got hit in the face with the "monster tits of doom" that I try to avoid more times in one session than in my entire time here.  So I will most likely stop looking at all but a couple of people's work.

I have no complaints with those that do like that genre, but I was able to make an informed desicion not to look when they were honestly represented on the thumbnail pages for what they were.  Now I am unable to do so.

I must side with the "there were/are filters in place for a reason" crowd. I had reserved forming an opinion on this new policy until I could see what it's implementation was going to do.  Well, my opinion is that it is crap.  If I am going to click on images that I would have preffered to NOT see, I being one to just close the tab it's in and move along, I see this ending up generating even more complaints from the puritants, as now they can blame Renderosity for their viewing of even more material that they "would never, never ever" instead of accepting responsibility for thier tastes.

My gallery was pulled in reaction to DaVinci, not the thumbnail policy, before anyone tries to make it anything else.

Again, thank you to the ones that put this policy in place, I have alot more free time not that cruising the galleries is out of my routine.

Want a shirt?