Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Played with Posette Recently? Or, what can a figure become?

Tiari opened this issue on Jan 30, 2007 · 37 posts

Jim Burton posted Fri, 02 February 2007 at 10:43 AM

Good try Jim, but I don't think your quite there. 

I also think you are wrong on the "Unfortunately, I can't duplicate pose #1, simply because V4 in her default state is anatomically incorrect in the proportions of her arms and legs. " She exactly matches my references, the first stock Poser figure to do so. I agree with the too-high armpit fold though, but this was (I think) more about getting workable rigging than correct anatomy. 

How does your figue look when she puts her arms straight up, for example, as in a pose like this?As to pose #2, I surely can't do it (I'm old and inflexable), but I wouldn't say it could be done by someone who is supple. ;-)

Incidently, the figure in my poses isn't V4 (who can use the poses), it is SuperStar Vickie. Compared to stock V4, she has her waist moved up (shorter torso, longer legs). I think she is still within th erange of possable body types though, the classic 7 1/2 hands high (V4) and 8 heads high (as I've used in most of my other figures) figure is just an artistic ideal, people come in all shapes and sizes, after all.

Anyway, also compared to stock V4, SSV has modifed bending geometry, most of my efforts were in the legs (especially in the knees), as I thought her arms were already very good, but I added magnets to do things like straighten up her clavicles on arm-up poses (like the one shown), and others to pull down the armpit fold (as you already mentioned).She isn't perfect, V4 isn't perfect either, but the Posette isn't even in the same league.

I liked your statement about you modified Posette not costing you anything, too. For the record, SSV didn't cost me anything either, I got V4 for free (I was a beta tester) and all SSV took was several hundred hours of work. It is very hansome for you to give away your figure, but I would have never been able to afford the amount of time I have invested in SSV if she wasn't going to be for sale.

I do give away my own modded Posette, though... 

The problem with modding the Posette is once you recut her or even change the joint parameters she isn’t the Posette anymore- morphs don’t work, clothing doesn’t fit. I could build a "Super Posette" who could bend as good as V4, but what would be the advantage of that? Some parts of the Posette have too-low of a poly count to properly take textures, for example.  O.K., cut more polygons, remap her, but now Posette textures don't even work.  Time to move on, I think.