Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Played with Posette Recently? Or, what can a figure become?

Tiari opened this issue on Jan 30, 2007 · 37 posts

JimFarris posted Fri, 02 February 2007 at 1:21 PM

Quote - Good try Jim, but I don't think your quite there. 

Thank you.  In turn, I don't think I've got her quite perfect, either.  The differerence, however, is that I refuse to accept "it's impossible" for an answer.

Quote - I also think you are wrong...

Quite probably I am.  However, I'm not going to get into a long discussion on the Rendo forums, because I don't want people to say "oh, he's come back, he didn't mean it when he left."  Contact me on the DAZ forums.  Or on my own message board, at http://xaa.proboards44.com/index.cgi .  Or e-mail me, if you like - xaa@3lefties.com  I left because I disagreed with Rendo policies, and since those policies haven't changed, I haven't come back.

Quote - It is very hansome for you to give away your figure...

Two things:  First, it isn't my figure.  The Posette model is owned by E-Frontier.  All I did was re-rig and re-group it.  Yes, I know, it sounds like I'm nit-picking here, but I'm not.  I am greatly appreciative of EF for creating her in the first place, and would never even for an instant deny their ownership of the model.  As to why I continue to use her, well, from the neck down, she's built like my wife.  As far as I'm concerned, you can't get any better than that. ;-)

Second, there is no way in hell I am giving this thing away.  I've been considering offering it to EF as a possible sale item, but I would never give this away.  It took six months to get Posette to this point, giving away six months of work wouldn't be generous, it would be insane. =P

Quote - The problem with modding the Posette is once you recut her or even change the joint parameters she isn’t the Posette anymore- morphs don’t work, clothing doesn’t fit.

The clothing problem isn't much of a problem - most clothes work with her as well as they did the original posette (which is to say, not spectacularly well).  I'm currently building a new set of clothing for her that works better than the original Posette clothing did for the original Posette, but this will take time to complete.

Quote - I could build a "Super Posette" who could bend as good as V4...

Which is precisely what I have done. ;)

Quote - ...but what would be the advantage of that?

For me, it proves a point.  I'm an amateur, I do this as a hobby.  If I can do this, then the professionals should be able to do better.

Quote -  Some parts of the Posette have too-low of a poly count to properly take textures, for example.

I disagree - but see the attached image for more information.

Oh = and Spanki?  If you'd followed the web-link on the previous page, your question would have already been answered, there is an image there which shows how she's re-grouped.

click for larger image

Click image for larger version.  Image hosting courtesy of ImageShack.

I'd love to continue this discussion, but not on this board.  Anyone who would like to continue to chat with me, please use either the DAZ board, my own messageboard at http://xaa.proboards44.com/index.cgi , or contact me via e-mail at xaa@3lefties.com . I respect all of you who have posted here so far, but I find I can no longer support Renderosity in any way.  Thank you. =)