Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Played with Posette Recently? Or, what can a figure become?

Tiari opened this issue on Jan 30, 2007 · 37 posts

Spanki posted Fri, 02 February 2007 at 3:58 PM

Quote - Oh = and Spanki?  If you'd followed the web-link on the previous page, your question would have already been answered, there is an image there which shows how she's re-grouped.

Uhm, ok.. I went and looked.  So that explains how she was regrouped, but not 'why'.  You might want to consider purchasing "Secrets of Figure Creation with Poser 5" by BL Render, if you haven't already (if you have it already, turn to page 119 and read from there).

There are reasons for grouping meshes certain ways, but it looks like not the reasoning you used it for (it doesn't really matter, for example, if the split between the forearm and shoulder is below the elbow, above the elbow or at the center of the elbow - within reason, at least).

You might also notice that Daz went back to a 'Posette' style chest group on V4.... the V3 method didn't really buy you anything, unless you want the shoulder joint (as opposed to the collar) to affect some of the chest area directly.  If you're going to use JCMs there anyway, then there's no reason for it to be cut up like that.

Anyway, I understand that you don't care to participate here, so I though just thought I'd pass that pointer along.  It's a great book and a must-have (IMO) for anyone doing rigging work.

Cinema4D Plugins (Home of Riptide, Riptide Pro, Undertow, Morph Mill, KyamaSlide and I/Ogre plugins) Poser products Freelance Modelling, Poser Rigging, UV-mapping work for hire.