Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Another funny thread about nudity

Casette opened this issue on Jan 20, 2007 · 433 posts

Tiari posted Sat, 03 February 2007 at 12:54 PM

I'm already preparing to duck and put my kevlar on for this comment, but its reeeeeeeally something thats been bothering me from day one of the new thumbnail policy.  On the "thumbnails they are a' changin'" thread on the front page........ to posts,  I've seen this over and over, and it disturbs me, greatly.

Again, I'm getting my kevlar on, I know I'm gonna get an earful, but I'm compelled.

I've seen it alot, the argument of no censorship, that somehow art is of some calibre of untouchable heights.....  but, in some of these posts, of the most ardent complaintants, they will state the inability, or they do not want to "take the time" to make an appropriate thumbnail.

Wait up, hold the phone, back up the truck.......

If they are such elite, ardent and passionate artists...... and if it is art you are creating and you can figure out programs with a steep learning curve like poser, or work in digital camera function and make them spectacular.......  or pick up a brush and paint exquisite nuances to a female areola..... or a pencil and sketch it........ perservere with the computer knowledge it takes to scan it in, and make all the finishing details.........

You lack the time and ability to use select, copy, paste in a basic art program?  One of the most basic functions in any art program?  It takes seconds, not the hopeful HOURS you put into a peice of art.

Its just a point i find proposterous.   (kevlar again, covering all important vulnerable body parts here).   If there is so much work and passion in your art, why is it soooooo laborious to make a 200x200 pixel thumbnail?    I mean, to make an image, get it on the net, use programs or techiniques to make it and get it here........ thats some difficult stuff, theoretically.   I'd  like to think if people can do that, they can manage a thumbnail.

Incidentally....... I did put up a topless nude in the gallery, with a simple, plain BLACK thumbnail, with nothing on it.  It is not hurting for hits.