Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: (OT) OMG! I'm returning the computer from HELL!!!!

Acadia opened this issue on Feb 12, 2007 · 116 posts

rickymaveety posted Mon, 12 February 2007 at 3:09 PM

I wouldn't trust Dell as far as I could throw them, because their customer support is non-existant.

In fact, there are several companies that are now on my "do not buy" list because of a bad customer service experience.

I also build my non-laptop computers, and have done so for about 10 years now.  I don't think I would ever go back to a pre-built box.  They are, for the most part, over priced and too limited for my needs.  I select my parts from companies that I know support their products, and if I have a problem, I can usually fix it myself without too much trouble.  Heck, a lot of time time I can replace a problem part for less than it would cost me to take it in to some store to have them "diagnose" a problem, much less actually fix it.

Beyond that ... upgrading and adding on are not a problem.  I remember the last pre built box I bought ... years ago .... it was a Gateway.   At some point I added something ... I think it was a network card ... and maybe a year or two later I had a mother board problem.  I had paid for a warranty extension, but when I called Gateway, they told me that the second I had installed the network card I had invalidated my warranty.

My reply was .... "you are now on my do not buy list, and you can forget getting any more money from me ... ever."  I went straight to Fry's Electronics and got a case and all the goodies to go inside of it.  I have never looked back.

Gateway ... ick.  Dell ... ick.  In fact, any company that does not put its customers first .... ICK.

Could be worse, could be raining.