Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Enough is enough

PerfectN opened this issue on Feb 13, 2007 · 76 posts

rickymaveety posted Wed, 14 February 2007 at 7:04 PM

If what the one person does is just hold up their hand and say "this sucks" and enough people agree with that person, and that one person or someone else organizes those people into a group and they take action .... then something began to happen when they decided to take action.

But if that person complains, and not enough people agree, or care enough to take action, then that one person can either continue to complain (and get nowhere) or decide to stop complaining.

Although a complaint in and of itself, might be the impetus for action, a complaint without action is never more than just a complaint.  And, unfortunately, many people here seem to love to complain, but never are willing to take any kind of action.

Taking action in this case would be:

1.  As mentioned above .... taking a case to court;
2.  Starting an alternative site and making your own rules;
3.  Coming up with an alternative thumbnail system and convincing Renderosity to use that.

But, just complaining .... no action ... just complaining.  I don't see what that is supposed to achieve.  To me, complaints without action are just so much yammering.  And, while I'll fight to the death to defend someone's right to yammer (or vent), because it is a form of protected speech after all (at least in the country where I live), I reserve the right to not see what good the yammering (by itself) will do.

Could be worse, could be raining.