Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 7 so slow in Vista it is no longer fun . . . .

seattletim opened this issue on Feb 12, 2007 · 31 posts

Cheers posted Thu, 15 February 2007 at 6:45 AM

Quote - ... It doesn't support OpenGL fully ...

Neither has any previous version of Windows...MS have always (for the sake of argument) relied on the OpenGL drivers from the GPU manufacturers that include the OpenGL API within the card driver install.
I won't be upgrading to Vista for another year...for anything but testing it would be unwise to, for mission critical output, but I do see a an awful lot of people spurting out hear say blurb, without doing full research before they do...bad practice IMHO!

Oh and please, give the DRM a break...HEY! Apple use it  with iTunes, so bash the media producers for insisting on DRM rather than those that have to implement it so you will be able to run your MP3's on your iPod, or your HD DVD or Blu-Ray on your computer. Yet again, a lot spouted, but very little research done to gain a fair opinion.
Ok, have Vista without DRM...but then we will hear people complain that they can't play any multimedia content...which funnily enough, would probably be the same people who would be up in arms about copyright theft of 3D meshes,images etc!

Well, I'm sorry DRM technology is only protecting the same copyright laws that we as artsits embrace to protect our intillectual property!

Cheers

Twitter: Follow @the3dscene

YouTube Channel

--------------- A life?! Cool!! Where do I download one of those?---------------