Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: (OT) OMG! I'm returning the computer from HELL!!!!

Acadia opened this issue on Feb 12, 2007 ยท 116 posts

BastBlack posted Sun, 18 February 2007 at 7:38 PM

Quote - BastBlack, If you are looking for old computers see if you can find the Heathkit H8. That was my first in '75.

Score! Try here: http://www.old-computers.com/MUSEUM/computer.asp?c=134&st=1 Speaking of old machines, I saw a special on a program like Nova or Frontline about the coming Digital Dark Ages and what people are doing to prepare for it. One place they highlighted was a museum of old computers and software. So you can take your old floppies or programs to the museum and bring it back to life. I think they offer ways to transfer your files to newer systems. The Digital Dark Ages is a very scary thought; Something I hadn't thought of before I saw this documentary. Perhaps the ultimate solution to loosing generations of information is what one company came up with. They looked at history to see who had ultimately saved their information the best. Know who the winner was? Ancient Egypt. They built for eternity, they used stone. So this company is making what looks like stone CDroms, but it's not a CD. It's etched stone. The text is into 140 languages (like a modern Rosette Stone) and it spirals into the center. To read the tablets, you just need a magnifying glass. Neato, huh? Makes you think.... bB