Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: what is the 'best' movie format to save poser animations?

cnolte opened this issue on Feb 22, 2007 ยท 14 posts

skeetshooter posted Thu, 22 February 2007 at 8:40 PM

I have noticed that in Poser 7 (if not previous versions) the rendering a movie slows down dramatically as it approaches that last 10-20 percent of the frames. So yeah, dying at the end might be a risk. And yes, while it is always safer to render and export one frame at a time, that in itself is (from my personal experience) brutally painstaking and requiring lots of attention. Poser 7 on a multi-processor machine with plenty of RAM has taken a lot of the fear out of using the "make movie" feature, even as it has also made rendering and exporting frame-by-frame faster as well. I still prefer to produce the different layers (foreground, middle distance and static props, background) of a Poser video composition as separate movies, and then combine them in a video edtor (Final Cut Pro in my case). The rendering is much faster and it allows me to tinker with the foreground layer (usually a figure or two) separately from the background layers. That said, I still have the problem of keying out the background, and if anyone has a way of doing that more successfully, I'd love to hear it. SS