Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Played with Posette Recently? Or, what can a figure become?

Tiari opened this issue on Jan 30, 2007 · 37 posts

dphoadley posted Sat, 24 February 2007 at 12:32 PM

In the upper half of this picture, you can see how I have just started on this very ambitious project, i.e. remapping Posette’s texture map to accept V3 Skin textures. It is my hope, that by doing so, maybe she won't be considered so Old Fashioned. This desire grew out of my efforts of having previously remapped the Anywoman (Posette with Genitals) freebies hip and genital t o conform to regular Posette skin textures. While I like the results, I think that she'd texture even better and more seamlessly with a V3 style UV.

In the lower half, you can see the fruit of my efforts of the past two weeks, which I spent re-mapping the PosetteWG (Posette With Genitals) figure’s hip and genital area. Anybody who's familiar with PosetteWG in either her ‘Anywoman’ version by imagorabbit version, or Arduino's P4WWG version, will recognize immediately how the hip texturing has become smooth and is now unblemished with the unsightly seams that once plagued this figure, and keep it from becoming a true variation of the Posette figure.

This is perhaps my fifth or sixth attempt to re-map this figures hips, and invariably al my previous efforts failed because my version of UV Mapper pro just wouldn't allow me enough magnification to untangle some of the figures mixed up texture areas. (Hellborn originally made this hip for the P3 Posette, but when it was cloned into the P4 Posette, some texture areas became rather fouled and over laid by each other.

It was because of my experience in unraveling and re-mapping this figures textures, that I decided to tackle the even greater challenge to remap Posette herself so that she can use V3’s textures.  I figure that with V3’s 'Bear Rug' texture style it both regular Posette, NEA, and PosetteWG will texture better than they do at present (aside from the fact that there are a great many free and commercial V3 textures that would look great on Posette, and that Posette would look great on them. So, therefore my present effort, wish me luck.

Credits: Skin texture is the Posette Brunette by SandTyger.
                Seam Guide by SnowSultan.

Yours truly,
David P. Hoadley

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS