Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Intel or AMD?

ashley9803 opened this issue on Feb 21, 2007 · 56 posts

Acadia posted Sat, 24 February 2007 at 8:08 PM

My very first computer had an AMD K6 processor and I had nothing but troubles. I didn't know anything about computers back then and all I knew was the word "Pentium" so that's what I wanted. The sales guy talked me into an AMD telling me it's just the same as Pentium only cheaper in price.

For 11 months all I had were blue screens of death dozens and dozens of times a day. That computer was literally reformatted every 3 weeks and spent a great deal of time in the repair shop.  I kept telling them it was the processor because I had done lots of research on that one and found lots of links talking about the same problems that I was having, but the repair shop wouldn't listen to me.

Finally I took it someplace else and told them to gut it. I had asked my boy friend what components to get and he told me and he also said "don't take no for an answer if they try to talk you into something else".  After that upgrade to a Pentium 3 I never ever had a blue screen on that computer again, ever!  As a matter of fact that computer just died last month after giving me almost 7 years of service without a single problem.

I'll never get another computer with AMD in it because of that experience and since Pentium proved itself worthy and standing the test of time it's the only one for me :)  Why buy a Pinto when you can have a Rolls Royce :)

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi