Forum: Poser Python Scripting

Subject: Moving morphs between different figures

Cage opened this issue on Dec 20, 2006 · 1232 posts

Cage posted Thu, 01 March 2007 at 10:56 PM

ccotwist3D, I've thought some more about your question, and I'm not sure the results would be very good.  Given the methods in use, I think we'd have to go through texpolygons to calculate the new positions for the pixels in a texture graphic transfer/conversion.  So any re-sizing or change in shape of the texpolygons would result in stretching or distortion of the texture.  One would need to develop a way to smooth out the pixels after the conversion in order to get decent results out of it, and depending on the method used and the amount of distortion which it tries to fix, the results might not be very good.  I'm not sure this is an area in which I'd try to take the process, myself.  I'd have to study 2D graphic formats before I could decide whether it would be worth the struggle.

Anyone who wants to try to do something like that using the foundations presented by this script is welcome to do so, however.

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.