Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What was the point of releasing Poser 7?

Circumvent opened this issue on Mar 03, 2007 · 37 posts

Circumvent posted Sun, 04 March 2007 at 10:33 AM

Quote - First - did you do the upgrade thing to Vista, or did you do a fresh install? (Rule #1 of Windows upgrades... never do one. Just flush the HDD and install the new version fresh... always.) 2ndly - When it was just XP Pro: what kind of machine are we talking here, what else is on it (esp. games-wise), and what else is/was running at the time? Also, did you use Microsoft's video drivers (puke), or the OEM's (e.g. Dell/HP/Gateway...), or the vidcard chipset maker's driver (the least crappy option if the video isn't embedded, unless it's an ATI-based vidcard, in which case you're screwed if you use 'em)? ...see? THIS is why I use a Mac for all this 3D stuff (at least until someone @ EF grows a pair and starts selling a Linux version of Poser). /P

Pen
I did a fresh install with Vista Ultimate.  I let Microsoft DL the drivers for my video card and the motherboard stuff.  It's working great accept Poser 7 doesn't work at all.  But it didn't work with XP either.  It's full of bugs and it's worse now ever since the SR1.  I just built this machine so it's up to date with all the fancy stuff.
Adrian