Forum: Community Center

Subject: To Be or Not To Be Downloaded

Arbelain opened this issue on Mar 13, 2007 · 67 posts

billy423uk posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 10:19 PM

the thing with the password protection is this.  some people join rendo and sites like it to steal images. they join here in one name and somewhere else to show the work in another. i'm a member of a torrent site but in the same name i use here cos i use it for legitimate reasons.  i can tell you now that everything rendo, daz and ef sells can be had there. it can be had at any torrent site. if the mult inational companies can't stop this theft what makes anyone think rendo can. all you can do is complain with a c and desist personally. no one has to take an image down untill the owner asks them to. mtv are in the process of sueing youtube for 1 billion. youtube say sorry but we follow the law, you tell us its your work and we'll take it down. i'm pretty sure mtv will lose cos youtube has an history of removing areticles en masse if it's asked to. untill a new law is made or the old ones changed your work will be stolen. even then it will still be stolen. copyright theft etc being wrong should be taught at grassroots level in the schools. bigger penalties should be handed out to joe public. anti copyright police should be used where possible with 10% of fines and awards going to funding them. if teenagers do it then fine the parents and the list goes on and on. don't expect rendo to do your work for you though thats a cop out. rendo have a copyright forum wit all the info anyone needs. if you ask a question about c/r you'll usually get a reasonable answer. rendo is not your business manager or your mom. it's not here to make sure your images don't get stolen. 

the right click thing...they tried it and people complained. this has been stated many many times. rendo has a search function. type in right click, type in water mark, type in stolen images and you'll get all the info you need.  suggestions are always good, i asked for a suggestions forum which i think is being looked into.  now i'm rambling. so i'll stop

billy