Forum: Vue

Subject: Vue 6 Final Update

iloco opened this issue on Mar 13, 2007 ยท 97 posts

haegerst posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 1:00 PM

I'm always getting confused with the versions...

I had bought Vue 6 Esprit (not easel, infinite, super-dooper or wahtever) pre-release about 3 weeks ago and downloaded it. I got built 288792 and was generally quite happy with it. Now i got the final release notice in my email and downloaded the new version. I now got built 289779. Yet i didnt have any problems, but i have to admit that i did NOT import any poser stuff at all (A shame, got Poser 5, wasnt cheap and I dont use it) so far.

As an extreme test i made a scene with 3 million polygons and over 11.000 objects. I dont know how many polygons your ship models have, but for my computer 3 million polygons is when it starts getting real slow (2 GB ram, 3 Ghz windows Vista 32). From what i fell regarding speed it might be a bit slower, but thats probably not objective, its just feeling, i cant tell it in numbers of system resources or so.

My question: Are we all talking about the same build numbers, or do i only have "bad" built versions? Are these problems only affecting infinite or is that for all versions? Are the built numbers the same for all versions (easel, esprit, infinite, etc)? I have the botanica, ecosystem and lighting module - are these also affected by the update? Or will there be separate "module updates" for esprit users?

Vue content creator
www.renderarmy.com