Forum: Poser Python Scripting

Subject: Moving morphs between different figures

Cage opened this issue on Dec 20, 2006 · 1232 posts

Cage posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 1:49 AM

*"Thanks Cage!!  I'll give your script a try."

*Please let me know if any problems crop up.  I apologize for the lack of documentation and the complexity of the script overall.  I don't seem to be able to keep things simple, and I haven't had time for any docs.

Here's a test of the new shape transfer used as an alternative method for morph transfer.  This is the same Vicky 1 to Vicky 3 character morph which previously had trouble with the "long delta" lumpiness.  As Spanki predicted, shape transfer flattens out the target verts along the corresponding polygon planes, leading to a flattening or "faceted" effect.  But this actually helps in the case of the lumpy morphs, and the facets are easier to fix than the lumps.  This image shows the shape-transferred morph after one run of laplace smoothing set for three passes.  No more lumps, no facets.  I'm happy.

But the lips and nostrils and eyebrows are proving to be a problem to correlate.  Paging JoePublic!  You've used the script features more than I have.  Have you tried to correlate any head meshes using nostrils, inner mouth, or any of the material regions other than the skin surface?  If so, have you developed any tricks?

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.