Forum: Vue

Subject: Vue 6 Final Update

iloco opened this issue on Mar 13, 2007 ยท 97 posts

estherau posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 10:09 PM

Hi, I do appreciate the work of the beta testers. I do think though that e-on should have asked more people to beta test - us. People who use poser and vue a lot. There are big problems and "I do see there are a handful of users here who aren't happy" if you look at all the people who want to use poser and vue together I think there are many many more than a handful who are finding the software really difficult to use because things aren't working as they should be. Here's a small example. I have a mac and poser 7. When I import a pz3 it won't import any props, so my figures come in bald. I asked at either eon or cornucopia and lots of people said they were just getting instant crash on trying to import a pz3. I don't get the instant crash because i know I have to tick the box that says about same materials on import. However I also discovered that the reason the PZ3 doesn't import the props, is because poser 7 saves the obj paths for the props in the pz3 with backslashes but the path for figure .obj with : the paths for textures have backslashes and now vue handles that fine but not for those prop .obj path. This seems to me like it would be an easy fix but vue are blaming it on EF "The paths handling is not done in our code, but in the Poser SDK, so we can't fix it ourselves. We hope the SDK developpers will be able to fix this (it is by the way quite strange that the poser file was saved like this...)" Well who knows, but the e-on advertising says poser 7 and vue 6 are compatible and they are not at present. Some people use these softwares to generate their income, so can you see now where all this frustration is coming from? I should have thought thenot importing of poser props with poser 7 could have been fixed by now, surely. Love esther PS I must admit poser 6 used to work beautifully with vue 6 until poser 7 came along.

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!