Forum: Suggestion Box

Subject: The Right To Delete

Dinhi opened this issue on Mar 17, 2007 · 44 posts

gellenburg posted Sun, 18 March 2007 at 12:15 PM

But did it ever occur to you that perhaps that Renderosity isn't high-up on the user's priorities?  That they have a life that exists outside of the galleries and forums?

Don't get me wrong, I understand where you're coming from, but to me it is just short of hacking to allow another account to be able to modify my account settings.

I, personally, have about 4 or 5 different accounts that I routinely use.  One to purchase items under, one where I submit my more general artwork, and one where I submit more controversial artwork.  Mind you, I don't always use the same userid across all the various different sites.

And even here, at Renderosity, I have several people in my favorite artists categories under the respective accounts.  You know what?  Not one have I left a comment for.

And if someone sent me an email demanding a comment or a response to their work I would be so turned off by it that you wouldn't have to delete me from my favorites.  I'd do it for you, right along with some colorful and curt metaphors as I remove the item.

I mean, seriously... if you don't want your work to be stolen, don't put it up.

Watermark your images if you're so afraid.

You say you would only delete somebody after careful consideration and examination, but what of those who wouldn't?

If you really want to see your galleries removed from someone's favorites list then the appropriate action to me would seem to contact Rendo staff and request that they intervene and remove you.

Think of the support problems that would be generated to Renderosity if people suddenly started removing themselves from people's favorites.  Some might think Rendo got hacked.

i know you're just trying to curb copyright theft, but the way you're going about it is the wrong way.

In my opinion if Rendo were to implement what you suggest then they might as well just do away with the favorite artist feature all-together.

For God so loved the Walmart, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not overpay, but have everlasting low, low prices. (John $3.88)