Forum: Suggestion Box

Subject: The Right To Delete

Dinhi opened this issue on Mar 17, 2007 · 44 posts

Dinhi posted Sun, 18 March 2007 at 12:41 PM

*"And if someone sent me an email demanding a comment or a response to their work I would be so turned off by it that you wouldn't have to delete me from my favorites.  I'd do it for you, right along with some colorful and curt metaphors as I remove the item."

*Wow,  I would have to be one egotistical artist to ever send an email to a user that made me a favorite and demand a comment or response.

That is not what I am suggesting

What I have tried to do, in vein mind you, was one email and/or IM, thanking them for the favorite placement on their site and asking for an polite acknowledgment that they received my IM or email.

I do not believe it would be hard to remove ones self from a user's site, simple really.  When I go to my gallery options, and to my favorite artist options, there is a little "delete" option if I want to remove someone from my favorite list.

What I am suggesting, is the same "delete" option when I then go to [who favorited me] in my gallery options.  No harm done, at least I have the right to remove myself when I do not feel comfortable being on someones list of 1000 ebots.

I really believe there are responsible, respectable ways of doing this.

Namaste...it's universal  [ =