Forum: Poser Python Scripting

Subject: Moving morphs between different figures

Cage opened this issue on Dec 20, 2006 · 1232 posts

Cage posted Sun, 18 March 2007 at 11:44 PM

http://www.kuroyumes-developmentzone.com/~Cage/TDMT/TDMT_module_v1.zip

This update fixes shape_transfer, which had been broken by the addition of the new multiple morph transfer capabilities.  Oopsie.  It also splits the script into modules, so now placement of the files is somewhat important.  The script package folder can be placed anywhere, as far as I can tell, but the package folder structure has to remain intact, so the main script can locate the modules.  So when you place these files, it's best to use the folder structure used in the zip file.  Or, at least, to be sure to keep everything inside the TDMT_script folder together, as they are in the zip.  The actual folder, "TDMT_script" can be placed anywhere or re-named.

I also include a run_TDMT.py, which can be placed anywhere and used to run the actual script - assuming you've placed the script package as shown in the zip file.

I've tested all of the functions and it looks like everything is still working after the split into modules, but if anyone encounters an error, please let me know.  There may still be namespace issues which I haven't found yet.

This also removes some of the old testing functions which Spanki and I were using during the development of the mesh comparison process.  They were no longer needed and the module split broke the process.

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.