Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Honesty in the galleries...no more suck up!

tainted_heart opened this issue on Mar 18, 2007 · 236 posts

tainted_heart posted Mon, 19 March 2007 at 4:19 PM

There's nothing wrong with a plain white background...but when the same artist starts using it with every image it gets old. Same with using the same filters over and over...like Flood or Lens Flare, etc. It's fine to do an image to show off a new toy or a gift, but be creative with it...make an image with it that has a some meaning to it. I mean...come on...dare to be different.

It's fine to leave a comment that basically says you like the piece, trying to work through the gallery and leave a meaningful critique on every image isn't all that easy and it can get pretty time consuming. The point I've been trying to get across is why bother to "ooo and ahh" an unispiring, meaningless image just because you don't have the time or inclination to leave a constructive critique. Why not just move on to the next image without saying anything. Save the comments and critiques for those whose work stands out. Work that shows that a lot of creativity, time, and effort went into it. Work that says something more than "I had some free time so I thought I'd bang out another quick Poser image just to have another image in my gallery". If your one of the ones doing that, ask yourself...are you really doing justice to your talent and your art...or are you acting like you're some kind of a diva presenting another "so called" masterpiece for your public to adore?.

If the number of comments an image gets is our way of measuring the quality of someone's work...we as a community are doing a poor job of evaluating, and we're misleading a lot of people. It's no wonder this site isn't taken seriously.

It's all fun and games...
Until the flying monkeys attack!!!