Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Honesty in the galleries...no more suck up!

tainted_heart opened this issue on Mar 18, 2007 · 236 posts

SoCalRoberta posted Mon, 19 March 2007 at 8:42 PM

:laugh: After reading all of this, I see that I've committed every single crime  mentioned :laugh:

I like black backgrounds for my portraits,  my friends are dedicating images to me and even ( huge gasp) have a NVIATWIS in my gallery 😊

I like a black background for a new character. I don't want anything to distract from the features. It's just a personal preference.  
The dedications are a theme in a contest I'm sponsoring at Eclectic Guild.
 And I have NO excuse for the NV except that I worked my you-know-what off dialing that girl's body and I am going to show off all that work as far as the TOS allows 😄

Without actually knowing the people who post images, it's hard to tell who wants the warm fuzzies and who wants the constructive critisism/advice. So I prefer to err on the side of caution and do warm fuzzies.  And seriously, some people slave for days over what looks like a basic image where as others can whip off a masterpiece in an hour. How can you say one is bad and one is good?

For myself, I have no objection to getting critisism. When someone does make a constructive useful, comment, I save it in an folder so that I can work on the problem. But I don't change my style (or lack thereof) to fit someone else's idea of what a render should look like. 

drifterlee, are you showing your hubby the right images? NVIATWAS may be a cliche, but they do seem to soften the hardest husband  heart 😉