Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Honesty in the galleries...no more suck up!

tainted_heart opened this issue on Mar 18, 2007 · 236 posts

kobaltkween posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 1:14 PM

i don't know about qualified.  i don't care personally how well someone else can use poser or photoshop or whatever.   a critical eye doesn't necessarily give you a skilled hand.  and hey, sometimes i just plain old overlook something that anyone with eyes can see. 

i've been thinking about this recently.  about trying to promote myself here, and start making myself more popular by commenting a lot,  asThrommArcadia mentions he has.  and i think it's a very positive thing to do (everyone deserves encouragement), but it's not going to do anything other than make me popular on this site.   which is cool and all, but i don't think i have hours to go through and comment on tons of images. i  like to say things particular to the image i'm looking at and actually say why i like the image, and that sometimes takes me a bit.

the fact of the matter is, i'd just like to be much better at this than i am now.  and i'm not going to get there without criticism.

would anyone else be open to a forming a critique group?  one where we could workshop each other's images?