Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: The Oracle in 300

RealDeal opened this issue on Mar 17, 2007 ยท 16 posts

Bobasaur posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 2:59 PM

I do know that the actress who played the Oracle was "Kelly Craig." I also know that they filmed her undersawer to get the surreal effect. I also know that "The History Channel" did a special on the battle the night before the movie came out (as part of their "Barbarian Week" festivities). Apparantly a number of things about the movie are at least somewhat historically accurate but there's obviously been some dramatic license taken. In the movie some of the other Greeks do stay with the Spartans. They are not referred to as Thespians, though, and it's basically a token few. BTW you can use Google Earth to search your way to Thermoplyea. It's rather cool to see the real area. As far as the imagery of the oracle, It kinda reminds me of some of the older software startup images - maybe an older version of Adobe Illustrator. There are a number of comparisons of the video clip with Miller's original drawing online. Just do a search for "Kelly Craig." I couldn't find a good picture of her in real life but I found a number of her in costume.

Before they made me they broke the mold!
http://home.roadrunner.com/~kflach/