Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Want critiques?

KarenJ opened this issue on Mar 21, 2007 · 1211 posts

kobaltkween posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 5:46 PM

berlyd noted this issue and thought that posting to this thread when you want something critiqued would be better.  karen1573 suggested that this be a personal choice and that people could do either.  personally, i find the zillions of posts a lot less manageable than email. i can actually do what i want with my email; i can't do anything to the thread.  and we're actually just posting to it, as i expected, so i know i'd like to have the critiques and general conversation separate. 

but that's just my vote.

the logo wouldn't really work unless we really checked the galleries every few minutes; otherwise the posts would get very quickly buried and go unseen (except for the few who are already popular).

personally, i'll just check once a day in the evening to see if people have been added or have left. 

there may not be too many people who join if the first post makes it clear that this isn't going to make you popular- this is for real analysis, not simple ego stroking.  i'm not saying it doesn't now, just that i don't think most people want more than a good pat on the back (which is great, just not what this is about).  the only way i think this will attract tons of people is if people think it's a way to become popular and get lots of fans.