Forum: Photography

Subject: Post ANYTHING!

TwoPynts opened this issue on Oct 10, 2006 · 2097 posts

TomDart posted Thu, 22 March 2007 at 8:08 PM

This is not a great photo...a quickie shot under a flourescent lamp on my work bench. This is only to give you an idea of what I do somedays.   A woman wanted a pendant to symbolize her deceased son and she wanted a butterfly.  I came up with a simple sketch, she picked some gemstones and this is the very raw beginnings of that jewelry item. ( I spell jewelry in American, please bear with that! )

This is gold wire with preliminary bends to fit the basic design. That will be refined as all is assembled and brazed together. The lower second wing will be out from the large wing. Stone will be set into the large and small wing.  She choose a large round stone for the body...so this will be a butterfly to her but more of a moth to me.  Anyway, when done, it should look quite fine. This is stuff I can do much better than taking photos.  LOL

A second working sketch is below a sheet of green wax. The wax allows me to see the location of the wires in the design and also to place the formed pieces of gold so none will be disarranged and confused. As of the end of today, the butty has a head and antennas, with the top of the lower wing permanently in place. All is polished as done since some areas would be unaccessible after assembly.  The work is done with one or two main members then the internal structure added reaching to the final main member of the wings.

Now, from one of the more simple things I have done and am doing now, this post anything tells a bit more abou TomD'Art.     

Some might be interested in seeing this stuff. Who knows.         Tom.