Forum: Photography

Subject: Post ANYTHING!

TwoPynts opened this issue on Oct 10, 2006 · 2097 posts

TomDart posted Thu, 22 March 2007 at 9:14 PM

Chris, I have stainedglass but do not use for photos. The cat comment came when a member saw the avatar had changed from my usual cat to a bunnie.  So, I in joke called the bunnie a cat in disguise.

For anyone interested, here is one persons take on "drop shadows":

http://desktoppub.about.com/od/creategraphics/ss/dropshadows_3.htm

As for me, with small stuff, I use an infinity curve. The shots at work are totally down and dirty with little facility for fine shots. There, I use a piece of white plastic I heated and curved to give an "infinity" to the back of it..about 6 inches away or less so dot is important.    For a fake drop shadow, opposed to a "shadow cast by the object", I have taken an infinity curve thing and blackened a middle to rear section with spray paint.  The effect works fairly well.  Or, a large box or similar behind the object works, long as the box is out of view and the darkness from it shows behind the subject.

At home, I use a backside of floor covering, linoleum or vinyl sheet which is generally offwhite on the back side. This is protable and works well for medium sized stuff for an infinity curve.

I simply do not have a place to set up dedicated studio space. I must do as can at the time with space borrowed for the moments from the home.         Tom.