Forum: 3D Modeling

Subject: What are you working on thread

Dann-O opened this issue on Oct 10, 2006 · 823 posts

dvlenk6 posted Sat, 24 March 2007 at 4:29 AM

I didn't think you had to be registered to view the Blackraven3d Forum, but maybe you do. I'll have to ask about that.
I don't want to hog up a lot of space here in this thread, so I just uploaded two pictures to my webspace and hotlinked to them.

The whole purpose is to make an entire town. It is derived from a fantasy (AD&D) game. The fantasy culture is based on Athens, Greece during or about the time of Solon.

I'd like to keep the poly count under 2 million, if I can. There are 5 major buildings (a temple, a theatre, a forum, a treasury/vault, and a mage's guild), and then a slew of small, low poly buildings (warehouses, homes, etc.). It is a coastal town, so there will need to be wharfs or docks, ships. I have some really low poly people (under 3,000) that I can dump into the scene in pretty large numbers, expecially if I instance them around. The terrain(s) will eat up a fair number, not sure how many polys that will take. I'll probably need a few high poly people as well, something in the 50,000 poly range.

The interior of the temple. The exterior is strictly Doric Order. 112,900 polys altogether.

Temple Interior

The theatre. That picture has no subdivisions on it, so it's only 12,500 polys and should be good for a far away shot. If it ends closer to the camera, I'll subdivide it. That would make it...50,000? or so.
An outdoor theatre

The textures for these are kind of phony :). I have some work to do in that area as well. I'll be able to re-use most of the buildings from time to time. They'll just go right into the building library after I use them here.

Friends don't let friends use booleans.