Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Honesty in the galleries...no more suck up!

tainted_heart opened this issue on Mar 18, 2007 · 236 posts

PapaBlueMarlin posted Sat, 24 March 2007 at 10:38 AM

This is sort of a dead horse, but I have to agree with Anton.  Some people are more commented on because they comment on other people's images.  Some because of the genre that they work in (pinups).  Some are frequently viewed because they conduct their artwork in series so viewers remain interested in their work.  And others, simply because they are well known.

A couple years ago, it was much easier to try to tailor my work to try to get more views and comments; or comment in the galleries in hopes that more social activity would mean more views.  Now I definitely just create what interests me.

There is no formula for what will constitute getting your images viewed and commented on.  Nudity and pinups have typically been said to be higher viewed.  But I have done nudity and pinups with lower views and comments compared to other images at the same time.  Other preconceptions might say that images of women are more viewed and commented on than men.  While this tends to be true, it is not a rule.  I have done images of women that have been largely ignored and had images of men that had a few comments.

The disparity in views and comments use to really bother me.  Now I have accepted that I have a fan base of people are who consistent in viewing my images.  At the end of the day, I think that's pretty much all you can do...