Forum: Suggestion Box

Subject: The Right To Delete

Dinhi opened this issue on Mar 17, 2007 · 44 posts

TerraDreamer posted Sun, 25 March 2007 at 11:16 AM

Quote - But did it ever occur to you that perhaps that Renderosity isn't high-up on the user's priorities?  That they have a life that exists outside of the galleries and forums?

Bingo!

I can imagine hundreds upon hundreds of members here who fit into this category.  While many members here seem to live their entire lives at Rendo, many stop by to simply enjoy art.  I can visit a museum and marvel without saying a word.  The curator never requires comments, and always has the door wide open.

As mentioned in this thread, there will always be the high possibility of your work, if worthy, of being ripped.  If you don't want this to happen, don't upload, or, to reduce the likelihood, post at a smaller size or add a distinct watermark.

To punish the quiet members of Rendo out of one's personal fear does not make sense; not everyone is an art ripper.

While Billy's idea seems to be a solution, one must remember that Rendo is all about vanity, and it's a feature that'll never be used because of that fact.  In this case, I must side with Stacey that if implemented, it'll have to be all, or none.

IMHO, forget the entire idea.  It won't stop ripping, nor will it even slow it.  But it will punish the innocent; that is guaranteed.

Regards.