Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Want critiques?

KarenJ opened this issue on Mar 21, 2007 · 1211 posts

kobaltkween posted Tue, 27 March 2007 at 4:49 PM

i thought she was suggesting move it entirely to a forum so as not to disturb the popularity ratings in the galleries through favorites and comments, as we've already done with the art charts (entirely valid concerns).

i can see benefits to having an additional forum, but...  speaking as a really verbose person who has no problem expressing an opinion, i think it might actually solidify a "clique" aspect.  it would establish us more firmly as a social group where certain people had more of a voice than others.  for instance, i occasionally drop in on the kmwill fan club threads at daz.  awesome group of people, but i'm not one of the major players and i know it.  worse, i'm sure there's tons of people who browse those forums and feel left out of the "club."  everyone there is great, open and totally welcoming.  but it's also a social group and it has its major players.

i can see the advantages.  i think it could be fun and informative, as this thread has been so far.  and we're presently misusing this subscription thread.  but i can also see a forum making the group  more about us as individuals instead of us as artists.  well, and right now everyone posts poser tips in this forum, pretty much.  bagginsbill, face_off and other experts outside the group post in this forum.   there are a few things i can find in Poser Technical or Poser Python Scripting.   and that's just poser; lots of us need other forums, like Vue.