Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Want critiques?

KarenJ opened this issue on Mar 21, 2007 · 1211 posts

Giana posted Tue, 27 March 2007 at 6:17 PM

i thought she was suggesting move it entirely to a forum so as not to disturb the popularity ratings in the galleries through favorites and comments

actually, my thoughts on the ratings/listings of things was truly secondary... if you were to read my original posting where i suggested a forum, you'll see where/why the idea originated... 

1] some people were suggesting a separate gallery - Karen says it takes 5 people to oversee 1 gallery, and judging from certain current forums, i'm guessing it would take fewer than 5 for 1 forum... so i was tossing out an alternate idea for consideration, trying to be helpful
2] then there have been concerns about tracking those in the group via Favourites vs. non-group Favourites - a forum provides a centralised place to go, much like the suggested Critics Gallery idea
3] there was concern regarding how to handle the reposting of reworked images into the galleries - a forum would alleviate that concern
4] i thought that it might be beneficial to the group as a whole to have the opportunity should someone want it to be able to have more in-depth discussions, or for an artist to be able to come back to someone who has left a critique that they did not quite understand to ask questions... right now, that would be handled via IMs or something, so it's possible that further information is given privately which no one else is benefitting from... a forum would allow for such things and as a place to centrally "store" valueable information for others...

there were other concerns brought up as well that i thought could far more easily be handled by a forum than in the galleries as they exist today, hence the suggestion...  it certainly had nothing to do with segregation of any kind, but trying to p'raps find a reasonable compromise with the concerns that others  who had joined had raised...

it was only after thinking about it that i became concerned with how this group might be perceived and discounted as something of little value by others, etc...  i honestly don't give a poop about whether the listings are "disturbed" or not - what i was alluding to is a far more subtle thing... 

please note, i'm not suggesting a move into a forum or anything with my words above - simply trying to clarify a misconception