Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Want critiques?

KarenJ opened this issue on Mar 21, 2007 · 1211 posts

fivecat posted Tue, 27 March 2007 at 9:07 PM

Quote - i think forums are much less open than this thread seems to be.  i've got several people favorited i've never once seen post outside of this thread.  

I may be one of those you don't recognize. I do post occasionally, but I don't participate in the many dramas that go on here so the name may not be familiar. > Quote - i also think that this effort will become exactly what people feared as a forum: a clique with popular favorites

I think this is inevitable, no matter how this is approached. I've seen it happen in every forum I've participated in, and it is rife in the galleries here. Humans are strange, needy creatures who crave acceptance in the 'group,' and usually the group isn't enticing unless it is somehow exclusive. Make it easy to get in and few will want to. > Quote - i already count 60+ forums.

I think therein lies the problem. Try to create a forum for every conceivable interest and you get everyone convening in a few. You could probably cut half or more of these with no harm done. > Quote - edited to add:

there is a better way.  it's called social software.  if this site supported groups, with an automatic notification of a group member's gallery posting, it would be great.   your reached a limit?  that's amazing, if so.  i've been to people's home pages where they had more than 7 or 8 pages of favorites.

Hmm, guess it's not a limit then, but a temporary glitch maybe. Still a tedious process imo.