Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Want critiques?

KarenJ opened this issue on Mar 21, 2007 · 1211 posts

KarenJ posted Wed, 28 March 2007 at 3:00 AM

Charles, I've got you added to the list and I hope to see you posting soon!

Keep the ideas coming, folks. There's a lot of pros and cons on all sides of the equation. 

Just to note - although it takes 5 people to cover the Poser forum and gallery, I wouldn't foresee needing that many to run a critique forum and/or gallery. For a start, there wouldn't be anything like the traffic that we get in here. And also, by its very nature, I would expect a critique forum to be more self-moderated and need far less staff intervention than the norm. 

I think the major staff headaches in either forum or gallery would be
A) Trolls. People who think requests for critique are an excuse for them to spew abuse across the galleries.
B) The Fainthearted. People who think they know what critique is, but don't really. After 3-4 years of getting all "oo fabulus hunny u rock xoxo" comments, suddenly receiving a bunch of negative critiques (no matter how nicely worded) can be like a bucket of cold water thrown over them. 

Of course, those both occur in the main galleries (and plenty more headaches besides!) so shouldn't be taken as a reason for not doing it, just something to consider.

This doesn't necessarily have to be an either/or choice... It would be possible to have both.

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire