Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Want critiques?

KarenJ opened this issue on Mar 21, 2007 · 1211 posts

Giana posted Wed, 28 March 2007 at 9:52 AM

while i understand the fears expressed regarding a forum, i guess i was thinking that people who were in want of participating in the cause to change the climate of this site would conduct themselves differently in a forum as well as in the galleries, being respectful so as not to disassemble threads, etc.  i would think that guidelines or a 'mission statement' or something could be posted at the top of a forum, too.  i mean, wouldn't it be up to the participants to influence the social climate in positive ways no matter where things are taking place?  of course, that doesn't necessarily take care of trolls per se, but that's where a moderator would/could step in if required...

in terms of notifications, one can opt to subscribe/unsubscribe to a thread at will.  true one wouldn't receive a notification of initial posting the way one does now unless one is subscribed to the forum itself, so one would have to be a bit more actively committed to checking into the forum when time permitted, but with such a great cause as giving/receiving honest feedback & being able to grow, why wouldn't one be truly committed? :))

not that anyone asked... while i understand reposting an updated image over the initial post and then having everyone come back and comment again, helpful information is p'raps lost which might've been able to help another person outside the group who missed the initial post.