Forum: Contest Announcements

Subject: How can anyone post poser figure as original work?

okfir opened this issue on Dec 27, 2006 · 31 posts

cmcc posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 3:12 PM

andy warhole went into a novelty store, saw a stuffed animal he liked, wrote his name on the label, thus making it his work of art ,and sold it for  thousands. several artists commission artisans to create their masterpieces and make it their own sell it for thousands on their name; and the works go as their originals. i think any poser artist is ten times as creative as any of these. even if we are doing realistic art we are still living in the world of modern art. i say wake up and smell the coffee. for years now commercial artists making book covers, magazine covers, and cartoons have been using techniques (yes i mean people like norman rockwell) that have been bordering on digital artwork for years even before we had computers yet they have been worshipped by a public that didn't have a clue as to how these artisits created their work. the whole idea of poser was to create software that would give the average starving artist the where with all to compete with established artists who had  staffs of models, photographers, an expensive wardrobe with real clothes to create their original works of art that were based on a myriad of poses and colr schemes that their models, directors, and photographers created for them to work from. ofcourse the average joe who could afford paints and a canvas could still do still lifes or a portrait of his girlfriend (which was usually from her highschool yearbook photo because she got tired of sitting for the real thing.) thank u poser for putting art back in the handfs of the talented. i see a lot of people doing pictures with poser who don't have talent and their work is awful; and then i see creative minds that can't model a cube come up with great beauty and i say their the artist and it should and does belong to them.

Computer Art by Charles McChesney