Forum: Bryce

Subject: Feb/March 2007 Challenge "Kiss My Glass" - Vote Here!!!!

AgentSmith opened this issue on Mar 30, 2007 · 81 posts

electroglyph posted Sun, 01 April 2007 at 2:11 PM

Really really tough this time. First I tried to eliminate every work that fell through in some way. I really liked my own glass but ran out of time to do anything about the hard transmission through the glass. There were lots scenes that were spectacular in one way but fell through in another. Scenes where nothing but Bryce skies were reflected when the object was in a room. Scenes like my own where the transmission was too flat. I saw no-smoothing and jagged renders (or resizing post work) that ruined otherwise excellent renders. I still had about ten to choose from.

Since so many votes are in and I doubt I'll have any effect on the placement between Death at midnight and drawbridgep I hope you both forgive me that I don't vote for either one of you. Your positions seem safe from where I'm standing. I'm going to use my votes for some other purpose.

Agent Smith-3 points
I can't believe that a 12 is all you got. Do you realize that even eviemarie is kicking your “A Double-Smith.” Some kind of reverse discrimination is going on. Oh that AS, he'll always do so much better that anything he enters has to be superior just to be considered. I don't think you are number 1 but I don't think you disserve to have 1/5th of the leaders points.

ICM - 2 points
Same thing. I'm not even that thrilled with the shape or design. In terms of realism however this looks like something that could be sitting on my desk.

twalker - 1point
I've had to take hours and hours of photos of tiffany on black velvet. Maybe your render was just too simple to attract much attention. All the lines are clean and smooth and I see something in the reflections. Keep up the good work!