Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: A Sad Day in Poserville or A Little Poset (me) Blarney

LilWolff opened this issue on Sep 01, 1999 ยท 16 posts

Mark posted Fri, 03 September 1999 at 2:37 PM

This is really not a Poser topic, but I suppose you have to put that stuff somewhere Regarding CD recorders: you can get an internal or external, an IDE or a SCSI. I was told an external is a good idea because the recorder is sensitive to heat and it is better out of the computer case. SCSI and external also are a big advantage if you have a PC and an older Mac, or 2 PC's, you can move it from one to the other. On the other hand, the internal IDE should work fine. I have had good luck (so far) with buy.com and they have about the lowest prices. A Yamaha internal ? (I think, it doesn't say) IDE is $188.95 and the external SCSI is $298.95. The Yamaha SCSI comes with SW for Mac and PC. Other brands are cheaper. If you want SCSI you have to get an adapter card. These cards are in the $40.00 to $250.00 range. You will also need to buy a cable. The computer end will be different depending on the type of SCSI adapter you get. They (or lots of other places) have all sorts silver CD-R media. I don't know if this is still true, but when I looked into this a while ago, Mitsui gold was the top rated media. You can look at mitsuigold.com to see their pr. I will find out where we get them if you are interested. CD rewritables can not be read in a regular CD reader and CD-R media is so cheap, why bother with CD-rewrite ? I personally would not trust a Jazz or Zip to hold my stuff. I have had numerous disks fail. We use Zips all the time, but only to transfer data. No magnetic media is "archival".