Forum: Photography

Subject: Don't take it the wrong way

PeeWee05 opened this issue on Apr 06, 2007 · 76 posts

inshaala posted Fri, 06 April 2007 at 6:51 PM

Attached Link: Constructive crit...

i know what you mean, i think there are few who really ask for and/or give constructive critique.  I try to give constructive critique, and especially if it is asked, but i have limited time to do so.

I think the thread i linked to is a good way to receive constructive critique if you are actively searching for it... and what you just said was the main reason i actually suggested the feature.  Apart from that if you select the critique option when uploading and also include in your description a blunt statement along the lines of:

"Please lay into this photo for any valid reason you can come up with, i want constructive critique"

You may get one or two who would just leave a "wow" comment actually thinking about it and leaving something more...

Also realise that a lot of people dont feel confident enough to give constructive critique as they dont know how to, or even if they are "qualified" enough... personally i think anyone with an opinion is qualified enough (as long as they can justify that opinion of course).

"In every colour, there's the light.
In every stone sleeps a crystal.
Remember the Shaman, when he used to say:
Man is the dream of the Dolphin"

Rich Meadows Photography