Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Want critiques?

KarenJ opened this issue on Mar 21, 2007 ยท 1211 posts

kalon posted Sun, 08 April 2007 at 7:21 AM

@ Rutra
Yes, you can start now. It might be a good idea if those interested in participating in the forum aspect of critiquing subscribe to the Art Theory forum, that way you won't miss new threads.

All in all, it's going to be cumbersome anyway you cut it.

I like the gallery method, but the one major drawback is that communication was a one way street... Artist posts, you comment, anything further was being handled in IM and Sitemail so was lost to the rest of the group. You could always copy your comment, delete the original comment, create a new comment and paste in the old comment with your edits... But there were times when someone had addressed something I said in the original comment and I assumed (no, I didn't test it) that my new comment would appear on the bottom of the comments there by ruining the flow and adding confusion.

As for the duplication of images... within Rendo, I don't much care. But occasionally I do give out the link to my gallery to outsiders and I don't really want them to view Image (take 1), Image (take 2)...

In the end, I think it's going to be a matter of both personal preference and your needs at the moment. I may have an image that I don't know what to do with and use the forum approach for advice or, on the other hand, post to the gallery an image that I think is finished... and you guys don't :biggrin:

kalonart.com