Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Vue 6 A Ripoff Job

jugoth opened this issue on Apr 09, 2007 · 15 posts

svdl posted Tue, 10 April 2007 at 2:43 PM

Referring to the second post in this thread. 

Vue 6 Infinite can handle those scenes.
But a) if you don't run the 64 bit version of Infinite on a 64 bit version of Windows, those 2 GB of address space are exhausted pretty quickly. In Vue 5 Inf (32 bits) and 4.5 Pro (also 32 bits), the maximum number of Poser characters that I could render without running out of memory was about 15, and that at reduced texture resolutions. 
In Vue 6 Inf 64 bit I did 30, with high resolution textures, more complex envirnoment and lighting.  Memory usage: about 3 GB. The scene didn't use ecosystems and weighed in at about 6 million polys. No sweat.
And b): separate the complex scene into subscenes, break the Poser association and save as .VOB. That just plain WORKS.

And if you want Vue to reduce the polygon count - well, it can do that. Just don't be surprised if the resulting mesh doesn't look as good as the original
And if you want Vue to save the files in a compressed format - well, it can do that. Just check the appropriate checkbox.

RTFM!

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff