Forum: Photography

Subject: Don't take it the wrong way

PeeWee05 opened this issue on Apr 06, 2007 · 76 posts

elmurray posted Wed, 11 April 2007 at 10:02 AM

I think that constructive criticism is great as long as the person doing it can can come up with some ideas to recitify the criticisms.  Joe (Nattarious) does this and is willing the share his knowledge with others.  Jinet is another who will only comment on images which he thinks are really good.   This, in itself, has the knock-on effect that no so many people comment on his images as they used to, which I think is a shame, because he is an extremely talented artist. 

I must admit that I am a bit of a 'pussy cat' and cannot bring myself to be too critical of people's pictures, especially when they have gone to so much time and effort.     What do they say,  "If you ain't got anything good to say, don't say it"!!!    I know this does't help in the critique stakes but at least I won't hurt anyone's feelings!

I enter competitions at my Photographic Society and have to sit there and listen to what judges say, good or bad, and you have to be prepared to accept criticism when your images are up for judgement.  In a sense, this could be the same with Renderosity.

Anyway, I am always up for critique and advice.   We are none of us perfect!!

Eileen