Forum: Photography

Subject: Don't take it the wrong way

PeeWee05 opened this issue on Apr 06, 2007 · 76 posts

inshaala posted Thu, 12 April 2007 at 6:37 AM

art = interpretation in my book, put quite simply.

Someone told me not to have made reference to Franco Fontana in one of my uploads as an inspiration for the shot, saying it was unoriginal and "pretentious".  I say: no-one is truly original, merely developing a thread picked up from those who came before, and to be honest about why you took the shot and why it is presented as it is, is merely accepting that fact... not being pretentious...

So yeah - art is what you want it to be... i had fun in a spanish class today creating a piece of Barroque writing, in which the language is heavily convoluted* and laden with metaphors on various levels, it was close to prose verse - almost a poem.  Is that art?

*we were set the task of describing a student's room, and we only managed to describe the placement of the door, the door itself, the poster on the door and the locks on the door - we didnt even enter the room and we were already half a page worth of writing (and yes, it was all one sentence😉) - yet from just those descriptions you knew the character of the occupant, and his outlook on life.

"In every colour, there's the light.
In every stone sleeps a crystal.
Remember the Shaman, when he used to say:
Man is the dream of the Dolphin"

Rich Meadows Photography